We use analytics and cookies to understand site traffic. Information about your use of our site is shared with Google for that purpose. Learn more.
Knative project values
Knative Community Values
It’s important to have explicitly defined values, these are ours:
- We welcome all skill sets
- The Knative community should strive to be approachable, welcoming, and friendly to new contributors.
- All contributions are recognized
- A successful project requires contributions of many different kinds, from code to program management to customer research. As a community we want status within the project to be derived from contributions to the project recognizing that all contribution types have value.
- Roles and skills should be aligned so contributors feel empowered to lead. If someone is doing the work, the role should be codified / formalized; eg glue, release, notes, PM.
- Leadership roles should be earned by individuals based on their contributions in the project over time.
- We value transparency and visibility
- Decision making should be as transparent as possible at each level in the
- Work and decisions should happen in public.
- All contributors should follow the same process, regardless of their employer.
- There should be public notes and meeting recordings so that anyone can follow discussion regardless of their timezone or ability to meet.
- Decision making should be as transparent as possible at each level in the project:
- Focus on what is right for the users (“delight our users”)
- We should be wearing community hats in the community; community over company.
- Focus on what’s right for the users.
- We welcome structured, customer-driven features (end-users, PM roles).
- We value feedback
- There should be well-defined, visible, accountable feedback loops.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.