Steering Elections 2021
Hello Knative community,
It’s time to kick off the Knative Steering Committee (SC) elections for 2021, and we are ready to accept nominations!
This election will shape the future of Knative as a community and project. The Knative Steering Committee (SC) is responsible for the general health of the Knative community. Seats up for the election are the remaining bootstrap seats and in addition to contributor seats, we're introducing one (1) end-user seat to bring more diversity into the SC representation, which will be elected by the SC after the election has been completed.
Right now, there are 2 things we need each of you to do:
- If you want to stand for election, we have detailed instructions in the voter guide for the nomination process.
- If you want to vote in the election, please refer to the voter guide for instructions about confirming eligibility and the voter exception process.
The voter guide can be found here.
Here are a few important deadlines to keep in mind:
- October 25: Announcement of Election, call for nominations and exceptions
- November 8: All candidate nominations due by 0000 UTC (5pm Pacific)
- November 10: Election Begins via Elekto UI
- November 19: Voter exception requests due by 0000 UTC (5pm Pacific)
- November 29: Election Closes by 0000 UTC (5pm Pacific)
- December 2: Announcement of Results
For this election, we will be using Elekto again. Commissioned by the CNCF for the Kubernetes project, Elekto has the advantage of not requiring any email for voting, just your Github login.
You can learn more about the SC election process here.
Knative Steering Committee