TOC 2021 election announcement
It’s time to kick off the Knative Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) elections again for 2021, and we are ready to accept nominations!
This election will shape the future of Knative as a community and project. While WGs help shape the individual direction of the project, the TOC covers the technical direction, health of the project and community as a whole. There are 2 seats up for election and each of those seats will be held for two year terms.
Right now, there are 2 things we need each Knative community member to do:
1) If you want to stand for election, we have detailed instructions for the nomination process. 2) If you want to vote in the election, please read the eligibility criteria. If you think you are eligible to vote, please check the Elekto application to see if you are eligible, and if not, request a voter exception. See the voter guide for more information on how voting works.
Here are a few important deadlines to keep in mind:
- April 23: All candidate nominations
- April 27: Election Begins
- May 9: Voter exception requests due
- May 11: Election Closes
- May 13: Announcement of Results
For this election, we will be trying a new voting tool called Elekto. Commissioned by the CNCF for the Kubernetes project, Elekto has the advantage of not requiring any email for voting, just your Github login. However, this will be the first time a project other than Kubernetes is using Elekto, so please be prepared for some hiccups.
For more details, please visit the TOC election document in our GitHub repository, and if you have questions for us, please reach out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dawn Foster and Josh Berkus, TOC Election Officers